Monday, June 13, 2011

Reflection

After blogging about the past few entries, I felt that as a blogger we have to know the social semiotics function before we can start posting. Social semiotics is defined as the way people make meaning on a certain matter (Schirato and Yell 2000). So as a blogger, I must always be aware on the type of words that I am going to use in my blogposts before posting it or it will cause some misunderstanding.


A blogger must also have a blog with a design that is user-friendly and simple so that the readers will not have trouble navigating around the blog (Reep 2006). Using that statement from Reep, I designed my blog to be simple with just a few colours so that it does not confuse the readers and I have included some labels in the sidebar for easy navigation. I also learnt that a blogger has to be knowledgeable about the culture that they are in so that they do not get in trouble for using the wrong terms (Schriver 1997).

References

No comments:

Post a Comment